Friday, February 6, 2015

Blog about the Oslo Opera House

One thing I learned about the Oslo Opera House...

Based on this blog: http://www.thepolisblog.org/2011/10/oslo-opera-house-as-public-space.html
  • The author of this blog talked enthusiastically about how the opera house is not only used for high class events such as hosting National Ballet's and Opera's, but it is also a public place where bicyclists and skateboarders can go and enjoy the architecture. He also talks about its iceberg-like shape.
  • I have to agree with what the author is talking about in his blog. I really enjoy the idea that this beautiful building is not only showcasing grand events, but is also being used by the public. The architect himself said it was supposed to be a dual-purpose building and I personally love the idea behind it. I also really love that he compared the building to an iceberg because of the interaction with the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment